Monday 8 July 2019

Almae Matres

'Alma mater' is latin for 'nourishing mother', or code for one's old school or university. The plural is 'Almae Matres'. I visited both my old school, Sherborne, and my old University, Bristol.


English countryside on the way to school


Sherborne Abbey


Abbey nave


Abbey choir


Sherborne Almshouse



The conduit (Monks washing centre)


Sherborne School quad


School House cloisters


Some old boys. Jeremy and I used to sail together.


The Digby boarding house, which was founded when I was there.


The Digby


Clifton Suspension Bridge at Bristol




Hugh in the 'Dirty Duck' (aka The Black Swan)


Bristol Docks


Medical School lecture theatre E29


The Royal Crescent, Bath. I spent my first six months after qualifying working in Bath,  a lovely city near Bristol.


The Circus, Bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment