Sunday 23 June 2019

Narrow-boating on the Thames

I flew to Heathrow on June 18th and arrived at 10 pm. I was very kindly met by my friend Dugald who took me to the narrowboat that he and his wife Wendy live on. Dugald and I met at kindergarten at the age of four.

The next day we were joined by his brother Hugh, and had a little cruise up the Thames.


Ginger Bear approaching a lock






Roe deer in Bushy Park near Hampton Court


Hampton Court



The Long Water


The Cassel Hospital where I worked for a year in 1982-3


The house near the hospital where we lived

Scenes along the River Thames


Astoria, David Gilmour's  classic house-boat used as a recording studio by Pink Floyd.














Swans guarding cygnets


Teddington weir


Teddington at sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment